Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

I have a Jenn-Air model JRSD209 side by side refrigerator-freezer

I have a Jenn-Air model JRSD209 side by side refrigerator-freezer (with ice maker dispensing through the door). On the bottom of the freezer, ice builds up to the point that it immobilizes the bottom drawer. I removed the ice and dried the freezer. Within two weeks, the iceberg was back. I removed the ice, dried the bottom of the freezer and shut off the water to the ice maker. The ice is building up again. What's going on?
Jim Franson
Chat Conversation Started
Larry :

so you have water and ice building up under the basket in the bottom of the freezer ,, right?

Customer :

Larry :

the freezer drain is stopped up ,, remove the lower inside back panel in the freezer and pour hot water into the troft at the back under the coil and open the drain hole and after it drains as it should the put back together and it will fix this problem ,,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks

Customer :

thanks. Ill try that.