Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I just bought a used GE fridge. It keeps running for hours

I just bought a used GE fridge. It keeps running for hours and is loud. It shuts down which very little, it only lasts for about 30min. and then it starts up again. The settings are set at start up and the fridge and freezer are working. Why does it keep running?
Neil Thomson

remove the back panel in the freezer section(inside) and tell me what the frost pattern looks like on the coils, let me know, is there any frost on the panel?(in the freezer)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No back panel but a bottom panel. 2 Coils one is iced the rear one is not.
Note. When filling in my info they said my e-mail address was used by another client. This is my e-mail [email protected] Appreciate the help. Neil T.
ok this is a sealed system problem, either its low on freon or there is a blockage in the system, either one unfortunately needs to be serviced by a EPA certified tech. sorry, thats all that can be done, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Brian what is the estimated cost for somebody to come to my Toronto apartment and fix the problem.
It will probably run you around $200.00 to have someone check the sealed system and repair leak and recharge. if you can I would call the people you bought it from and if your lucky they will helps with repair, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Brian, I bought it from a neighbour for $500.00 I do not think he was aware of the problem as he kind of artsy and an OK guy. But I will talk to him as I only got it yesterday. Would it harm the fridge to run like this until Tuesday. Neil T.
no , you can let it run, Actually take another look at it tomorrow and see if theres any change, it may need more time . thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I paid the bill but it did not show that i added a $4 tip. How do get your money ? Neil
I'm not sure on that end of it, I really never see your side, I received it though, thank you, Bryan