Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My garbage disposer will not turn on. What can I do to get

My garbage disposer will not turn on. What can I do to get the motor started?

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

does it make any noise at all? is this a batch feed or does it have a switch?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is a Badger 5.Cannot locate a model # XXXXX it is a 1/2 HP 2year warranty. It has switch and makes a humming before it shuts off.
do you have the Allen wrench that came with the unit? it looks similar to this one. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, I have an Allen wrench.
ok in the very middle on the bottom of the disposal there is a hole for the Allen wrench. make sure the machine is off and put the wrench in the hole, turn it back and forth until the jam up is clear and the wrench goes around, then reset the button and try it, sometimes these are tight so use some force back and forth,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can't get it to accept the wrench. It is too big and the wrench wobbles. am I doing something wrong?
I'm not sure, do you have a set of Allen wrenches? maybe see if another one fits better?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I thought one size fits all. Sorry but I will have to return to this later. Thanks.
ok get back to me this should fit,