Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Frigidare Washer and ran the diagnostics on how to

I have a Frigidare Washer and ran the diagnostics on how to test the inlet valve. The water continues to run fill full cycle and after the cycle stops. I checked the ohms of the solenoids and not getting anything (no resistance. I can order the part, but want to make sure it is not a controller or comething else wrong with the unit.

you need to replace the valve itself, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is a common issue, grit gets inside the valve and stops it from closing, you can put your meter on volts and run the machine and if the voltage (120) drops off and water still comes in its the valve, you can order this @ thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will try it and see if it works. I was confused that since my ohm meter was not reading anything, I could not categorically say that the problem was the valve assembly. Also, why would the valve seal after I turn the water off and turn back on again? It is like the water pressure is keeping the valve open.

I do have a grit problem here because we are on well and sediment always enters the system.

Also, is there any controller on this unit that could be defective causing the valve to remain open?

While you are answering I will reassemble the unit.
I don't believe the controller is doing it, 90% of the time its the valve, trust me, try the test I told you,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The hot water solenoid registered 116 volt and the cold water solenoid 2.3 volt. That tells me the cold water solenoid is not getting enough voltage to accuate. I am stumped.
did you have this on cold water fill only?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes I did. When I discovered the problem was on the cold water side, I ran the fill and rine cycles on cold. Also, now I do not have the water lines hooked up. I am just running short time to get the voltage reading, but for sure the cycle is set on COLD/COLD
ok when you remove the valve you didn't cross the plugs when you put it back in correct? sounds like they are on the wrong plugs. try putting it on hot only and test the thing again
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK I will try. For sure I connected cold water wiring to cold water valve because they are color coded. Also, there is no dummy proof connector when I connect the electrical to the valve, ie + connects to +, etc. I will check everything independently and be right back.
ok thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, I gave you wrong info before. The setting was not COLD/COLD, it was HOT/COLD.

Here is the accurate info:

when cycle is set to HOT, H=116 V, C=2.3 V
when cycle is set to COLD, H=2.3 V, C=116 V
when cycle is set to WARM, H=116 V, C=116 V

Does this info rule out controller problem?

While you are answering, I will check to see the readings when the spin cycle is on.
ok you need the valve. the voltage is correct,and yes this rules out the controller the valve will solve your problem, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I checked the spin cycle and the voltages are "0". I will replace the valve. Sorry if I was retentive but I needed to understand how this works before I discover another set of problems later on
sure no problem, thanks Bryan