Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My fridge failed a couple of nights ago. On advice from

My fridge failed a couple of nights ago. On advice from a repair expert on this site, I replaced the compressor relay. http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-ABB2224DEW-%3d%3di1159182&PartID=1159182

However, I put it in about an hour ago and the fridge is not cooling at all. The air from the inside vents is only vaguely cold in both the freezer and fridge. The coils leading into the cabinet from the back are not cold as I would expect them to be.

There is periodically a buzzing sound after a click. It buzzes with a metallic whir until it kicks out about 10 seconds later. It appears to come from the compressor area. This is louder than it was before and this started a while back.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

sorry to hear that. its not good then this means the compressor itself is bad, this is a lot of money (around $600.00) to replace, repair clinic will take the part back but its either have the compressor replaced or replace the refrigerator at this point, sorry, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It isn't possible that it's the computer?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
not if the relay is still clicking and buzzing, put a meter on the relay if you get 120 volts the compressor is shot,