Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an amana gas ryer. I have cleaned all the air ducks

I have an amana gas ryer. I have cleaned all the air ducks and I took off the blower and cleaned it out. Good air flow out of the exhaust which is vented outside the house.
When I turn on dryer when it has not been in use for 20 or 30 minutes it works. The glow of the starter goes on and than the gas is released and the burner works. In about 5 or 6 minutes the flame goes out. A minute or two goes by and the starter glows but the gas does not turn on. As I said the air flow is good. Do you think it is a sensor and if so which one.
Thanks very much for reviewing this problem with me.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

the most common cause for the is the gas coils, they overheat and cant open the valve, Part 3479these are cheap. around $20.00 @ there are called gas valve solenoids, and heres a picture of where they are on the gas valve, Gas Dryer Gutsvery easy to replace, thanks Bryan