Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

have a f27 error on my whirlpool duet washer

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

F27

If there is too much water or foam in the machine the overflow contact

on the pressure switch is closed. If the valves are open they are

automatically closes and the drain pump is switched on for at least 30

seconds. If overflow ow occurs 5 times the error code is displayed and the

pump drains the machine. To unlock the door press PAUSE/CANCEL.

Possible Causes/Procedure

Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.

Unplug washer or disconnect power.

Check wire harness connections to the drain pump, pressure switch,

water inlet value, and Central Control Unit (CCU).

Check/clean drain pump filter of foreign objects.

Check for drain pump failure.

Check the inlet valve for proper shut off.

Check the pressure switch for proper operation.

this was probably caused by a suds problem to start with, above in the what the manual says to do, was the drain clogged when you checked it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
when i try to turn off the washer and restart it the same error comes up and the washer stops. is there a way to get it restarted to drain?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
you have checked the drain pump catch correct? is the pump turning? did you remove the pump to see if theres something in it? there may be something in the pump impeller or the hose going out from it, if you can get me the full model # XXXXX'll send you a link to the maytag service manual.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how do i check if the punps blocked?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
you will need to take the hoses off and remove the pump itself, did you check the coin catch?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
where is the coin catch?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
ok maybe you didn't clean it and thats all it needs, on the front of the machine under the door is a panel, there are three screws way down close to the f;floor,(you almost have to lay on the floor and look under) take them out and remove the panel, the coin catch is a part you turn and pull out to clean, its part of the pump. heres the part you turn. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=be careful get some towel there will be a lot of water, I usually tip the machine back against the wall to keep most of the water in the tub, that should do it, just clean it out, thanks Bryan