Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Sub Zero 611, 7 years old. Had the flashing Vacuum Condensor

Customer Question

Sub Zero 611, 7 years old. Had the flashing Vacuum Condensor light, would go away after power cycle...for a little while. Took the top off and vaccumed the fins but after doing so, the freezer is working much better but the fridge won't drop under 62. Help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

is the condenser fan running in the top?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

It's a 611 fridge on top, built in. I have removed the white panel behind the top of the unit and see that the fans are running and both of the black (condensers/compressors???) are running. I removed power to them then plugged them back in to ensure that they were kicking on. All of this started immediately after I vacuumed the radiator fins on the right side of the upper unit. Freezer and Ice Maker started working much better but fridge hasn't gone under 62! I can see no signs of freezing of condensation in the rear of the freezer either.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok . are the lights going out when you close the door?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Lights and internal fan switches are working fine. Tested that too. I was an electrical tech for many years so most of the basics are covered.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok, this may be a freon issue then, unfortunately you will need a EPA certified tech to check that though, the sub zeros are famous for that, wish it was a simple fix, sorry, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If it's a refrigerant issue, do you have any idea as to why this would happen immediately after vacuuming the radiator fins?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
not really, unless you damaged a coil, or fin. don't think it has anything to do with it though, just coincidence.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I guess I have no option than to accept the answer although I don't really know what the solution is until I hire someone to come out...nonetheless, answer accepted.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

you really need someone to look at this unfortunately, sorry. well wishes and thanks. Bryan