Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a KitchenAid gas free standing oven. I was goind to

I have a KitchenAid gas free standing oven. I was goind to clean it and opened the door to check inside just before it locked. Now the door is open and the locking mechanism is still out and the door can't close. Can I reset that myself? I tried letting it sit unplugged for awhile but that didn't help.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

try pushing the door light button in and put this back in self clean while holding the button in and then cancel the self clean, all the time holding the button in, see if it unlocks, let me know, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The button on the control panel or the one in the door frame. I can't find the one in the door frame. Where on the appliance can I find the model number?
the door switch on the frame, not sure on yours try looking for a model # XXXXX Appliance Model Illustration
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. It was in the drawer. KGSI901PBS00
I cant find the door switch in this either, thats strange, you may need to call a tech out to get the lock back for you unfortunately, sorry, all the diagrams don't show the switch, heres a link to the diagrams if you want to look, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can you tell me how to manually reset the lock?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I got it working. Never mind. I think it finally reset itself. Thanks for your time~!