Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a Norge refrigerator CNDNS-229K. A couple of days

We have a Norge refrigerator CNDNS-229K. A couple of days ago it we had a water leak coming from where the riser connects to a fitting at the top right hand side on the back of the fridge. Subsequently realized that it was no longer making ice. I put a tighter hose clamp on the connection and stopped the leak, but still no ice. My hunch is that the line is frozen at the ice maker and the leak was due to back pressure from the blockage. Any ideas on the best way to unblock before I "defrost" the whole thing?

this means the feed tube inside the freezer for the ice maker is frozen, you need to take a hair dryer to the tube and defrost it, this will take care of it, the tube is in the back inside the freezer at the back of the ice maker. hope this helps, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. Any idea why this would happen after running fine since I installed it?
not really, this just happens sometime. (water in a freezer) its bound to happen eventually, the valve may be sticking open just a bit and letting water drip which freezes, watch for that. thats about all.