Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a whirlpool model ed22pw, I installed a new water filter

I have a whirlpool model ed22pw, I installed a new water filter and now the ice maker
doen't make ice any more and I don't hear it filling with water. When I installed the new filter I left the refrigerator on or stll pluged in for electricty but shut the water of instaled a new lin line with water filter, could I have tighten the line to tight or is the line frozen so more water can not flow, I have a side by side, how do I get that front cover off to test it and would it help if I turned the feezer part off and let it thaw if ice is blocking the line, and use mybe a hair dryer to help it thaw. Thank you Patrick in Seattle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

first can you pull the white cover off the front of the ice maker? next you will need a piece of wire about 4" long stripped back on both ends about 3/4" stick the wire in the hole on the module marked T&H this will start the ice maker,

do you have a volt meter?

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
heres the module, the T&H are at the 5 o'clock position. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes I have a multimeter to read voltage and do I just pry that front cover off to access the test holes
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes it just snaps on, what you need to do is put you meter on the valve in the back (the side that goes to ice maker) and start the cycle, watch the meter it should show 120 volts when it gets into the cycle a bit, it may take a few minutes so keep and eye on it, it will only have voltage for maybe 5 seconds during the cycle
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm a little confused, where is that valve located, do you mean the back of the refrigertor

and is there a ground point for my meter and the hot lead to the valve???

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok the valve is on the back of the refrigerator where the water from the house connects, there will be two plugs on it, one for the water in the door and the other for the ice maker. put the probes in the plug to the ice maker side.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will try this thank you for your help
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok let me know, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.