Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Kitchen aid side by side refridgerator regarding the ice

Kitchen aid side by side refridgerator: regarding the ice maker, I have water frozen all over the interior of the freezer but no ice cubes. How do I fix this problem, it started about 3 days ago. I clean up the mess, but it continues to have "icicles" all over the door and baskets.

sounds like the fill tube to the ice maker is frozen and the water is pouring out .can you remove the ice maker for inspection?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

You are absolutely correct, so how do I remove the white plastic resevoir below the black water tube. Is it difficult or can I do it?

Thanks so much for your quick reply.

Sue

this is a little difficult, you may be able to defrost this with a hair dryer without removing anything, just lift the door(flap) in front of the ice maker up and take a hair dryer to the tube, let it defrost for a while and see if it frees up. this is a common problem with these, let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Bryan, I'll try the hair dryer and I'll let you know how it goes!
ok , thanks, Bryan