Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my maytag neptune washer fills up, washes, drains, but it wont

my maytag neptune washer fills up, washes, drains, but it wont spin how can i trouble shoot this. the door is locked light is not on, if the door is not locking will everything work except the spin cycle, what do i do about the door

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get me the model #? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
model # XXXXX
ok, you need to open up the control panel and check the main control board for a burnt resistor,
Machine control board. *Burned resistor on board indicates another problem within the machine.
Appliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse Over
Mouse over to see other views. Everything you see is included in this part.
Part 775784
there are screws on the back of the control panel you need to remove, once they are removed pull forward the control and tip it down to see the board, look at it real good you will probably find a burnt resistor on it. let me know,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
there is a burnt resister it is r11
ok this means the board is shot. this is caused be the wax motor in the door lock assembly, you would need to change both or it will happen again, this is a lot of money however, would you like the info on the parts?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can i repace the resister
I've tried that several times it doesn't work unfortunately. you can try though I guess maybe you will have better luck,