Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a whirlpool dishwasher GU1100XTLT1. Something in te

I have a whirlpool dishwasher GU1100XTLT1. Something in te switch that keeps the door shut came off. It is metal bent at a right angle. The longer portion is abou 2" and the shorter is about 1". I have not been able to fiure out where/how it goes back into th dor latch and cannot find a diagrahm ofth door latching mechanism that shows this piece. Needless to say the dishwasher will not run. If I put the piece back into the slot I found it in and shut the door, the dishwasher will power on but will not run. Any ideas?
is this what you found? .Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes!! Do you know where it goes?
yes , there is a slot in the top of the tub frame where the door closes that it slips into. part # XXXXX on this diagram, it actually connects to the tub not the door. its easier to pull the machine out a bit to slip this back in. hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The pic shows it flat. Is it supposed to be flat? Mine is bent at a right angle. I am wondering if the door got 'forced'
thats what happened, someone probably tried to force it shut and bent it, you can try straightening it out but if you cant you can get a new one @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-GU1100XTLT1-%3d%3dmi1181203&PartID=1181203 hope this helps. thanks, Bryan