Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a dishwasher that worked just fine. We came back from

I have a dishwasher that worked just fine. We came back from vacation and the dishwasher will not work. It does have electricty to it. but it does not even light up.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you recheck the model # XXXXX isn't comming up? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Bryan, this is a Maytag appliance the sticker on the door frame does not list which of these numbers are the model number. so here are all of the numbers on the tag.

PDBL390AWB and 28936978GX. This dishwasher was bought in 2006.

ok got it, it the pdb # XXXXX chances are you had a power surge while you were gone and the control board is blown, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= one thing to check before replacing this is if there is power to it, this should have 120 volts going to it, if it does the board is bad, this is located in the door , remove the screws around the door and lift the inner door liner up. you can order this @ if needed, thanks Bryan
heres a diagram of the part. # XXXXX on the diagram.