Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my micro wave modeljvm1653 when changeing bulb didnt unplug

my micro wave modeljvm1653 when changeing bulb didnt unplug micro wave the glass part was loose to base so when turn to replace elements sparked so now the manuel vent fan and light doesnt come on or work every thing else works it still cooks when cooking the fan kicks on but then vent one with different speeds doesnt and the lights underneath

most likely you shorted out the relay on the control board,. this is common, you would need to replace the control. the problem is this pcb board is over $219.00, most people replace the microwave at that point. you can buy a brand new one for around 250-300 dollars. if you like though heres a link to the part, http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-jvm1653-%3d%3dei911257&PartID=911257 Part 911257hope this helps, thanks Bryan