kingcobra80, Repair Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience repairing/installing various appliances

I have a bissell pet proheat steam cleaner. It wont suck

I have a bissell pet proheat steam cleaner. It won't suck up the dirty water and I have misplaced the manual. Model # XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingcobra80 replied 6 years ago.
You can download a manual from the bissell website but now for your problem
First make sure the dirty tank is empty(obvious but I have to say it) then make sure the tank is seated firmly in place and the lid is properly positioned and locked in place. Also make sure your diverter knob is on the correct selection and not in between attachments and floor Remove and clean the lint filter basket. make sure everything is seated and has an airtight seal because you will not have suction if there is air leaking in. If you still have no suction after doing all of this check to make sure the float switch in your tank is still functioning and not broken. Then check for obstructions that would not allow suction to occur in the hose and inlet areas to the tank.