Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I am in England and have a black Whirlpool American size black

I am in England and have a black Whirlpool American size black fridge freezer. Although the light is showing the fridge temperature as 15 when I put a thermometer gauge inside it only registers 10 and the food is chilled but not cold. Also it doesn't make ice. Could you help me please. Thanks.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

are you talking about the freezer temps?

do you have a model #?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for replying. I do not have the model number at the moment as the fridge/freezer is in my other house. I can look up the receipt later today. The freezer temperature is fine it is only the fridge. It is chilled but not cold - outside of fridge lights up as 15 but it is only 10 inside and not cold
is the fan running in the freezer? also check the back panel in the freezer for frost, let me know later what you find, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your quick reply. I will drive to my other house in 30 minutes. The freezer is fine. It is the fridge that is not cold just tepid. Would the fan in the freezer must be ok for the fridge to be cold? Also if there is frost in the back panel of the freezer would that affect the fridge? I await your reply before I drive there. Jaqi
both would cause the refrigerator side not to cool, all the cold comes from the freezer, let me know when you get there. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The tenant is not home until Monday I will go there then. Last question please - where would the back panel inside the freezer be to be checked for frost and is the fan inside the fridge or freezer or outside at the back? I will pay you now for your kind help but perhaps I can come back to you on Monday. Kindly answer these two questions asap in case the tenant comes home today and I can go over. Jaqi
take the shelves out inside the freezer and straight back in the rear inside the freezer is a panel, there will be screws holding it in , remove them and pull the panel out, check for fort on the coils and how much. if it really clogged with frost defrost it with a hair dryer and put it back together, if the fan isn't running replace it, let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. I will try on Monday and let you know. I have paid and will leave a tip when I speak to you on Monday. Jaqi
I'll be around Monday after lunch if you need more info. thanks. Bryan