Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Re. Whirlpool washer LA5558T - fills with water and goes through

Re. Whirlpool washer LA5558T - fills with water and goes through wash cycle, then stops and does nothing - won't pump water out and won't spin. Any ideas for a repair?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

this is a lid switch problem, you will need to replace the lid switch, there is a hole in the top of the washer where the post on the lid goes through the top of the machine this is where the lid switch is located, you will need to replace it. this model # XXXXX XXXXX can you recheck it so I can get you more info? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan, thx for the quick answer. the model no. also has la5558xtw2. Should I be able to access this switch by lifting the top?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok, great, heres the lid switch, Part 2927you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-la5558xtw2-%3d%3dei2927&PartID=2927 or pick one up locally, heres a great video on how to remove the cabinet to get to the lid switch, click this blue link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XIsK3W_Qcg&feature=related thanks, XXXXX XXXXX wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I got the part out - going to go get it - I'll be happy to submit payment when I have machine running - about 90 minutes.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
sure no problem, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan, I guess we are all set. The washer seems to work fine, thanks again for your help. I will send payment when a payment button appears, probably with your reply. Thanks again!!
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
your very welcome, good job, thanks and well wishes, Bryan