Peter
Peter, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years in the home appliance service and parts industry.

My refrigerator beeps 5 times every minute. This usually means

Customer Question

My refrigerator beeps 5 times every minute. This usually means that it is a signal that the door is open, but both doors appear to be closed. Why won't it stop? How do I stop the beeping?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Peter replied 4 years ago.

Hi, my name is Peter.

Are you getting any codes on the temp display in the refrigerator section?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have re-set the temperature for the food section of the fridge to 36 degrees, but it keeps beeping. That was about half an hour ago. When I open the fridge door, the food section temperature now reads 61 degrees, instead of 36 degrees. Previous to resetting, the temperature has simply reading "Hi".
Expert:  Peter replied 4 years ago.

What is the actual temperature in the refrig section?

Peter

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The refrigerator came set to 37 degrees.
Expert:  Peter replied 4 years ago.

The control in your refrigerator is only designed to beep if the door is open.

However with the temp display issues that are occurring you are having control board issues. You might try unplugging the refrigerator for 5 minutes then plugging it back in. If it still is beeping but cooling properly then you have a defective control board. Sometimes just resetting the power can do the trick.

You may send additional questions directly to me.

Please push the green accept button.

Thank you,

Peter

Peter, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Over 25 years in the home appliance service and parts industry.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
After unplugging for 5 minutes, should the beeping immediately stop?
Expert:  Peter replied 4 years ago.

Once you plug it back in the beeping should stop if the board resets.

Peter

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Peter, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX accepted your answer via email. It worked right away.
Expert:  Peter replied 4 years ago.

Fantastic, I am glad to hear that.

Have a great weekend.

Peter