Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I need help! My washing machine just runs water constantly.

I need help! My washing machine just runs water constantly. any time I put a load in the machine that is larger than a small load the water will keep running and not fill to the line that it is suppose to fill to. Like I'll put it on large load and it will run water for hours unles I stop it and put it back on small load. Or it will fill to the line I want and when its time to rinse the water will keep running. First time I found that out, I put a load in the washing machine, thought I was good to go to bed because it filled to the large level and was on the rinse cycle, I go to bed and the next morning the water is still running in the rinse cycle. What should I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
This is a very easy fix and the problem is that your drain hose is just shoved too far down the drain pipe. This is causing a siphoning action when the water reaches a certain level. You'll need to just pull the hose out a little ways so that it's only going into the drain pipe about 11-12 inches at the most. Then zip tie the drain hose to something so that it doesn't fall down further.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

This may seem like a stupid question but are your talking about the drain hose behind the washing machine? or outside of my house?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
correct, behind the washer. The one that comes from the washer and goes into the drain pipe of your house.