Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Sears model 68202794 dryer trips circuit breaker after running

Customer Question

Sears model 68202794: dryer trips circuit breaker after running awhile.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
how long does this run before tripping the breaker?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
10-15 minutes
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
your motor is bad and its overheating drawing to many amps. Part 2584this will need to be replaced, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-68202794-%3d%3dei2584&PartID=2584 this will solve your problem, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan, Could you give an estimate of what it might cost to replace the motor? Then I can evaluate whether to replace the dryer instead.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
the motor itself is around $95.00 its a little difficult to replace though, you may need a tech for that, probably the whole job if you had it done would run you around $200.00
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan, One more question and I'll hit the "ACCEPT" I just re-assembled the sheet metal on the back, the vent housing, didn't touch anything electrical, plugged it in and it won't run at all. What did I screw up?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
more than likely the thermal fuse has blown, this is common one these, Part 2986 check that, its on the blower on the back of the dryer, sometimes if the motor is overheating this will blow, thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
before you get rid of this you may want to have the breaker checked to make sure its not getting weak, another tech just reminded me of this , its rare but does happen,