Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a dryer 110.96273100 in relatively good shape. When

I have a dryer 110.96273100 in relatively good shape. When my wife sets the dial for low heat, the drying starts but the dial doesn't move and the dryer never shuts off automatically. She can dry on high heat, but then the clothes come out very wrinkled. What's are the best solution to this problem? Is it worth it to repair the problem? Are repairs relatively easy that I might be able to do them myself? If so any basics I will need to know?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

you will need to replace the cycling thermostat in this, Part 2893its lactated on the blower assembly, you can order this @ thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm looking at a parts list of the unit with diagrams(3), Top & Console, Cabinet & Bulkhead. Can't find the part you mentioned. Help. Is it hard to install? What are the steps? Is it worth replacing, or is a new dryer the better way to go.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
its 3 42 on this diagram. its not hard to replace and is probably worth repairing, just remove the back panel and its on the blower, thanks, Bryan