Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE Wash Model WPRE6100G0WT. We had a massive power

I have a GE Wash Model WPRE6100G0WT. We had a massive power surge that damaged some other things in the house. The machine acts as if it has no power when plugged in. I replaced the Power Filter thinking that would do it, however, it does not. Not sure what to look at next.
Thanks,
Len Eastwood
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
does this light up at all? .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not at all.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok first you need to access the control panel. check for 120 volts to the control, if you get 120 volts the control is bad. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-WPRE6100G0WT-%3d%3dd687012ei1472727&PartID=1472727 most likely the power surge blew the board, I've seen this before, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I know that there are 120 going into the power line filter and 24 volts coming out of it. Not sure how to check board there are a number of connections as you are aware.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I need to check some other things, in the meantime there is an in line fuse in this you should check,
Kit - fuse link
Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
remove the front panel and the is a wiring harness down the front right side, the thermal fuse is there, check that.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This fuse is intact.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok the control board is shot, you need to replace it, I just hope the surge didn't hurt the motor inverter also, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there anyway to check the motor inverter without replacing the board first. That way I can get both parts at the same time or just buy a new machine.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well not really a way to do that, the motor inverter will only blink(which is what tells you whats wrong) if the control board is working, these machines are not the best machines and have a lot of problems. but i know your main control is bad.