Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Roper refrigerator serial #eh2325893 which has quit

I have a Roper refrigerator serial #eh2325893 which has quit cooling in the refrigerator section but the freezer is working. I believe that the defrost timer or whatever type switch controls the defrost cycle is the problem but I can't seem to locate it . If you can help me with this I would appreciate any help you can give me. I think model# XXXXX XXXXX but this is just a guess as the sticker is hard to read. Thanks' Ted
[email protected]

ok the timer looks like this, Part 3348and its part # XXXXX on this diagram, its in the control panel inside the fresh food section, there are a few things that can cause this problem however, the defrost thermostat, and the heater could also be the cause, do you have a volt meter?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, Ihave a volt meter
is there frost on the back panel in the freezer?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The freezer had frost on the top the last time I opened it . It was still keeping the food frozen tho.
can you pull the back panel and tell me what it looks like now?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, I won't be back home until around 6:00 pm
ok when you get home check that and get back to me, I'll check later. thanks Bryan