Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience
14207197

Hi, I have a GE ELECTRIC DRYER. MODEL #DBVH520EJ2WW.THIS THE

Customer Question

Hi, I have a GE ELECTRIC DRYER. MODEL #DBVH520EJ2WW.THIS THE PROBLEM THAT I'M HAVING THE DISPLAYING ON THE ENTERFACE DOESN'T COME ON NOTHING AT ALL EVEN WHEN I HIT THE POWER BUTTON. I'VE TIRED THE FELLOWING THING S CHECK THE BELT SWITCH, DOOR SWITCH AND THE FUSES ON THE DRYER. ALSO THE DOOR LIGHT COMES ON . 220 VOLTS POWER BOARD ORANGE AND BLACK WIRES. NO DISPLAY. PLEASE HELP THANKS
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 6 years ago.
If the board is getting power and it is blank it needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
WHAT BOARD
The user interface board is what it is called.You can get it at your local appliance parts store.Its about 100 dollars.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
THE POWER BOARD HAS 220 VOLTS ORANGE AND BLACK WIRES. EVEN IF THE DISPLAY IS NOT COMING ON BUT THE ENTERFACE HAS POWER .. ITS STILL THE THE INTERFACE BOARD. IS THERE ANYWAY TO RUN A DIAGOSNIS ON THIS DRYER.
You can't run a diagnostic if the interface does not work.The board needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF THE QUESTION I ASK YOU.
Yes replace the inter face board.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK! GOING TO BUY PART HOPE IT WORKS. BECAUSE I HAD A WASH NOT WORK ING AND I GOT ANSWER AN IT STILL DIDN'T WK AND THE PART 100. MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN AND STILL NOT FIX. THAT'S THE ONLY REASON I'M ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THANK ,, WILL EXEPT ANSWER WHEN I REPLACE PART AND IT WORKS. OK THANKS.. tHIS WAS THE SAME SITE I WENT ON WHEN I WAS TRYING TO FIX MY WASHER.
Ok