Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I soaked some car mats in my Whirlpool Duet front loading washer,

I soaked some car mats in my Whirlpool Duet front loading washer, then put it on rinse/spin,low. I was going to stay in the house to monitor it, but forgot and went out to mow. Now the door is locked shut, nothing lights up or works, I did not blow a fuse, and I am wondering what to do next.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

no lights at all? you will need to remove the panel under the door and reach up inside and pull the emergency lock release ring on the bottom of the lock assembly Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=you can see it on the right in this picture, once the door is open can you get me the model#?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I got the front panel off, but I do not see or feel anything like what the picture shows for a mechanism. The only numbers I can find on the backside of the washer are AWM 075 BL.
is this a U.K. model?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I got a flashlight and laid on the ground looking up and figured it out and got the door open! Hurray! Model number is XXXXX 9100LQ1; serial number CSM(NNN) NNN-NNNN
ok do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not know what you mean. DoI have power, perhaps? I have plugged it back in and shut the door and tried all the buttons, but nothing lights up at all.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What can I do now?
ok this means one of two things, either the power filter has failed or the control board, there are no fuses in this unit, you would need a volt meter to see where the power stops in this, these are complicated machines but I can send you the link to all the technical info and testing, click this blue link, page 8 covers this, thanks Bryan