Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have the Advantium 120, Model SCA1000DBB03. After using

We have the Advantium 120, Model SCA1000DBB03. After using the Speedcook feature (not the Micowave itself) there is a continuous grinding type noise coming from behind the upper control panel or higher, that will not stop no matter what you or not. We have to unplug the unit. Even after hours, intermittently, when we plug it back sound but once we set the still does it. Something isn't getting the message to shut off. Any ideas???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

is it a grinding noise or does it sound like a fan?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It's sounds like a ticking timer on a board-game to me. My Husband and Son suspect that it's some kind of a timer arm that's not shutting off. It's only happening with the use of the Speedcook feature. You can cook with the cooks fine but when done...that noise continues. Even once cooled.

We just plugged it back in again (tried several time today too) and this time it made a small similar noise and then it stopped. It won't do it again until we use the Speedcook feature again.

I feel it's whatever "timer" factor that is used when it switches back and forth between the Micowave and Halogen feature while using Speedcook. Thanks.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
it has to be the relay on the board, Part 900092this can be ordered on line @ hope this helps. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My Husband would like to know; what causes you to believe it's the relay? After all, the part isn't inexpensive.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
the relay is the only thing that makes a clicking noise, unless its the fan, which usually doesn't click. theres nothing else that makes a clicking noise, if you don't wont to take a chance on the board maybe a service call is best, XXXXX XXXXX of people replace the microwaves but yours is more expensive than most.thats all I can tell you,thanks Bryan