Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Dryer controls will not respond to inputs and continues to

Dryer controls will not respond to inputs and continues to run until power is shut off

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get me the model #?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Model #MCE80000AYW Maytag Neptune Dryer

this is heating correct? I need to go out for a bit this morning let me know and I'll check back around 10:30 est

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes it is heating sometimes. we have changed the damp/dry senor , the logic board, the hight temp themistor , and two other themistors., the very last one in the back was bad. all back together now and lower dryer won't always come on and then only certain buttons, and then it will spiral thru the buttons and set it's our time and temp and we can't change them. Almost like a STUCK button. When we try to turn the top dry on it sometimes comes on but change the time and temp and goes to refresh rather than dry. We'll be in the next room and all of a sudden we hear all these beeps like it is running a diagnostic but doesn't show any codes and it will beep until we can get it to turn off , difficult the off buttonon the top dryerpr bottom dryer doesn't work only the pause so we cannot put it in diagnostic mode. Help my husband thinks it its the control panel that is bad. What do you think ? right now trying to dry clothes is like russian roulette. How long is the warranty on the control panel of this machine. the DVD they sent with the machine will not play and we haven't been able to find any repair manuals on this model.We have already spent over $ 200 on parts and it still doesn't work and no one around here will touch it. Can you help us, I thought your lst answer would fix it but no luck

sorry my computer went off line, its the control membrane, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=how long have you had this?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
do we replace the whole control panel or can you replace the membrane. We have only had this dryer 5 yrs. Do you know what the warranty on the control panel is for this dryer.
the control panel is the membrane unfortunately, its not cheap either, $316.00 @ Sears, which believe it or not is cheaper than most, hope this helps, thanks Bryan