Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Our dryer was working yesterday. I opened the door this morning

Customer Question

Our dryer was working yesterday. I opened the door this morning and the light is out and when I push the button the dryer doesn't come on. We have checked the breaker, the wall plug. We have pushed the button in out on the door. Any suggestions as to what may be wrong with it? It is as if it isn't getting power.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get me the full model #? Appliance Model Illustration thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ADE7000AYW
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
the thermal fuse is bad in this, this is located on the side of the heater assembly and you need to replace two out of three in this set, Part 3344it comes with instructions on which two, you can order these @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-ADE7000AYW+-%3d%3di3344&PartID=3344 parts #s 3 and 5 on this diagram, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This would stop it from getting power? It would keep the light inside from coming on?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
yes its the fuse and will effect both the light and the start.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where is the heater assembly located? Do we take the back of the dryer off to get to it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
no you take a screw driver and pop the top up, there are two clips holding in down push them in and lift the top, the heater assembly will be in the back top after you get it up.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If I order these parts, how hard are they to install? I can see the main fuse, but I haven't been able to find the two small ones by looking down on the back of the dryer drum. Where should I look and how do I get to them?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

the small one is hard to see its down the side of the heater. a little difficult to get to. theres a 1/4' screw on the top you need to take out to get the small one off,