Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Our refrigirator isnt cooling as often as it should and our

Our refrigirator isnt cooling as often as it should and our food is constantly getting spoiled; it seems to be defrosting 12 hours at a time and all the spoiled food and heat is starting to draw some unwelcome guests into our home(roaches). Its been really agrivating; how can I get our refrigerator cold again, what do you suppose is the problem and what are your suggestions.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

if you can get me a model # XXXXX can help you better, do you hear any clicking or buzzing comming from the compressor?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The model number is: GRS20ZRHW8. No theres no humming or buzzing or anything unfamiliar.
ok , the defrost timer needs to be replaced, Part 12762part # XXXXX on this diagram, its behind the plastic grill on the bottom front under the door. this will take care of your problem, thanks Bryan, part link, http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-GRS20ZRHW8-%3d%3di12762&PartID=12762

Edited by Bryan on 7/11/2010 at 10:36 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where can I find one and how much does it cost(is it safe to do it myself)?
you can order this on line @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-GRS20ZRHW8-%3d%3di12762&PartID=12762 its safe to install yourself, just unplug the refrigerator first,