Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Frigidaire electric range during pre-heat and normal oven cycle,

Customer Question

Frigidaire electric range during pre-heat and normal oven cycle, the oven will trip-out internally. The clock will read "12:34" and continue to keep time after it trips out. The only way to correct the problem is to hit cancel and start the pre-heating process again. I have already changed the thermal couple inside the stove, it was only reading 700 ohms at room temperature. The new thermal couple is reading about 1100 ohms as specified. This, however, did not help my problem. What is the next step?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Just to clarify you set the oven to heat and then as it gets to temp the unit shuts down?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No not necessarily. It may kick out as soon as it starts to pre-heat or it may kick out multiple times during pre-heat and also after temperature has been achieved.

The stove top never has an issue. It will always continue to work properly.

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Ok what you will need to do is take the rear panel off from the control panel. Then locate the bake terminal on the control board. Set the oven for 350f and then when it shuts off test the bake terminal for voltage. There should be 120v on the terminal, If there is no voltage at the bake terminal then the control board is bad and will need to be replaced. Since you have changed the oven sensor this is the only other option as the cause. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. MIke
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That's not it either. The black relay for the bake element still gets 120V.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Ok so your saying the bake terminal still has 120v present when the oven shuts off?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes, if I am correct with what I am calling the bake terminal.

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Ok if you replaced the thermal fuse then the bake element must be shorting or there is a wiring fault between the control board and the heater. I would trace the bake element wire back to the control board to make sure you are checking the correct wire...If you have checked the wire and the wiring between the element and the control board is good then the element must be shorting. You said you checked the oven sensor so this just leaves the bake element. MIke