Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I own a GE Microwave, Model JES2051DN1BB, S/n RR 901882 U,

I own a GE Microwave, Model JES2051DN1BB, S/n RR 901882 U, mfg date 8/2008. I was preparing dinner last night and got one dish done, however, when I put in the second dish, it didn't even heat up the dish. Everything else was working, carousel, timer, etc. What would cause it to quit cooking?
if everything appears to be completely normal but it's just not heating, that usually indicates that the magnetron itself has failed. The magnetron is the part that actually produces the microwaves to heat the food. It should have a 5 year warranty on the part since it's made by GE. This is a good thing because generally the part is over $100 and is not easy to replace. Call GE and let them know what is going on--check your manual, but it should be under warranty.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do you know if they will send out a repairman or will I have to send it in to be repaired?
they will, you may have to pay for the trip but the rest will be under warranty.