Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands Self employed owner at All Better Appliance
41736587

I own Fisher Paykel dishwasher drawers 5 yrs old. I live in

a very hard water area... Show More
a very hard water area and have a built in water softener system. Recently I have had a white film on al my dishes and glassware and the dishes are not getting clean. Repair person recommended using 2 caps of CLR in empty dishwasher and running through 2 cycles. Did this, added new jet dry, but problem is worse than before. I have never used the dishwasher salt . Would that help? Do you have any other suggestions. I really have to wash the dishes by hand at this point.
Thanks.
Sharon Wanat
Category: Appliance
replied 6 years ago.

They make a product called glass magic. It will help with any hard water area.

Remember powder detergent only, use your rinse aid, and look in the sump(small screen) for food or left over detergent, this can all cause the problems your seeing.

Also rather than CLR I like the product called dishwasher magic. Don't use it all the time, but to get yours back to clean sounds like it could help. Just use it 1 time and it will clean any detergent or lime scale buildup out.

If all else fails. Get a clear glass (if you have any left) and run hot water in it. Is the water clear? If not you may have a hot water heater full of calcium and about to go out on you. Not always the dishwasher's fault. thanks!

Brandon

please click accept and leave feedback, you can always ask followups without paying again.