John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

i have a maytag rsw2200............it will not cool or freeze,

i have a maytag rsw2200............it will not cool or freeze, compressor kicks on ....it seems as though all works but no cooling, like it needs free-on?

Thanks for the question.

Have you taken the back panel off where the compressor is located to check for dust coils and to check the fan motor by the compressor.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, my husabnd just checked it out, and says it runs, compressor comes on just won't cool or freeze? we did not take the panel off..............I had one person say it was the compressor starting device?
Its not the starting devise if the compressor runs , remove that back panel and look for dusty coils let me know what you found.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

well it is not here, but my husband did take the panel off and it had very little dust.....he said there was moisture on the tube coming from the compressor....condensor was dry? hope this helps

What about inside the freezer can you see frost on the freezer panel.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no
You have to look at the coils to see how much of the freezer coils are cold I have to know this please.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

the fridge is not plugged in, it is in the garage right now......my hubby checked it out a few days ago, i am trying to find the problem to see if it is something minor or major......can i get back with you, after we plug it in and try out? like another day? or do you have a guess at what it might be? Hubby just said he put it on 11 and it ran, he had to turn it to 1 to get it to shut down, no matter what it would not get cold.....he said he seemd to be doing everything it should be , except getting cold?

Ok let it run for a few days then look at the coils and see how much of the coils are cold.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK but i would like to get back with YOU!!!!! the other guy did not ask any questions your asking...............is it possible to get back with you in a few days? i really like you Laughing
Sure it is This will be open just log back on when you can.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I HOPE YOU DIDN'T FORGET ABOUT ME, I GUESS I WILL SEARCH FOR YOU ONLINE AFTER WE CHECH OUT THE COILS.......I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE YOU GET PAID....AND A BONUS! THANKS SO MUCH
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK GREAT, THANKS SO MUCH................NOW DO I ACCEPT ANSWER NOW?

Your very welcome .

You push the accept button and then leave a bonus if you like.

Its very much appreciated.

Thanks and God Bless.