Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

whirlpool cabrio; getting ul code; how to fix

whirlpool cabrio; getting ul code; how to fix?

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..If you replace the dampeners/ suspension rods on the outer tub this will fix your problem,,, I have been seeing this a lot in the last few months on the Oasis and Cabrio washers. the part number for the suspension rods are W10189077, it comes as a pack of 4 to replace all of them. You can order the parts you need from the following places,,,, or, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=

Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I your opinion is this something I should do myself?

Not hard to do, it comes with instructions, also here is a training manual that you can download by clicking on the blue link below

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Please tell why I should replace these rods(could it be something else) Do they stretch over time, lose their funtionability, or what. They appear to be loose, but I think they may have always been loose, maybe not as much flexiblity as now.
they lose the flexibility over time, it only takes one not to operate properly, the new number I gave you is an updated set with extra parts to reduce the wear on the balls at the top, instead of having to use grease it uses a special plastic cup now.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

This machine is not that old, should I consider it may be something else? we do 3-4 loads per day, what happened to a washer lasting 10-12 years?

We are thinking of buying a new set, what do you recommend?

Personally I cannot stand the machine, I work on 2 or 3 of them every single day, from bearings to pumps to suspension going out in them, you could not really give one of these,,, as for machines lasting 10 years you can forget it... I would still by a whirlpool washer however I would have one with an agitator as they are using the same technology as 15 years ago and have held up well..