Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a wall oven with the microwave on top. Yesterday the

I have a wall oven with the microwave on top. Yesterday the bottom oven went out-both the broiler and heating element. The circuit breaker is working fine. Any suggestion on what I might do to remedy this situation short of calling a technician. The unit is less than 3 years old. The microwave works fine and the bottom numbers light up, timer etc.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
This is either going to be a control board that has failed, or there is a high limit thermostat located either on top of the oven or behind the oven (so you'd need to uninstall the entire oven and remove the back panel to access it). The high limit thermostat has a little switch that you can push on the top of it and it will reset if this happens to be the problem. Either way, it's probably best to call a technician because neither are all that easy to replace.