william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate

i just replaced the water filter on my maytag msd2651kes frig.

i just replaced the water filter on my maytag msd2651kes frig. I did a reset by the green light next to ok has not turned on. The only light I have is the green like next to "water filter". No green next to Ok nor red next to change.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.

Try unplugging the frige for 5 minutes then plug it back in.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
didn't work.
Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.

Try this again

pushbuttons simultaneously and hold for 4 seconds. Make sure green light flashes 3 times when indicator

If this answers your question, please click the ACCEPT BUTTON This is how I get paid for my skills & knowledge.Need more info ask as long as it pertains to the same question. BONUSES are appreciated. NOTE: As I am not there this is based on your observations and information that i get from you. Thank-you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
after i plug the frig back up and the light did not come on, i did the reset again just as you wrote above and the light did not come on. The light does flash 3 times indicating that it has reset but that's it. no light appears next to OK or CHANGE.
Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.
Did you hold both buttons at the same time for 4 seconds. Just making sure that all. Dont get mad.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yup....i held both buttons. 1st time i stopped holding the buttons after the light started blinking. i thought mayb i stopped holding 2 fast so i did it again and this time i held onto both buttons until the water filter light stopped flashing. didn't make a difference.
Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.
Hang on a second im gonna see if i can get ahold of your service manuel for this.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok....i chkd the manual n i believe i've done everything suggested n there
Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.
Try this for me please? Take out filter then re-install it then try re-setting this again. Tell me what happens please. Thanks. You have the owners manuel but i have the service manuel.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no luck
Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.
Was that light on before. Meaning the ok.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The red light was on b4
Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.
Im talking about the ok light was that ever on before?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  william replied 6 years ago.

I believe that the led thats the light has gone out on this. You can change the board if you want to but thats like $100.00 alls you really need is when it tells you to change the filter.