Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Hoe do I remove the stove top on a Maytag Range Model # mg

Hoe do I remove the stove top on a Maytag Range Model # XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Please reverify the model number please?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The model nuber is: MGR7665WS
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
Does this say Gemini on the front of it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No.....I took of the burner covers and removed the two srews ob each burner but there are two metal clips under the stove top and I can't get them two disengage.
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
There should be 2 clips about 1 1/2 inches from each side that you press in with a putty knife to release it..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you press them in from the front or the of the stove top?
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

This would be at the front of the range just above the oven door where the top meets the frame..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It seems that the clip is connected to the oven top by a srew and I can't get it to budge>

Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

Where did you locate this model number you gave me,,,,it does not come up in any of my databases?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The range is brand new and I scratched the oven top and have the new top to install. The model number is XXXXX my receipt and the Maytag Ranges Spring 2009 brochure. It is MGR 7665 W.

Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
This has the 2 ovens? One regular and one I call the pizza oven on top?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I just found the spec sheet Model # XXXXX Sorry.

Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
Found a diagram now of the unit, the clip you push in is suppose to be in the middle of the 2 gas controls on the front on each side of the front, the diagram is not very good at showing everything on it, but looking how everything else is attached the clips would have to be there
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If you can send me the diagram I'll keep trying or I just go to the Maytag dealership where I bought the range.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The clips or bracket are on the right and left front corners and are screwed to the oven top.

Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
I am going to have to give up, there should have to be 2 clips that are spring loaded holding the top on, The diagram does not show any clips however there has to be 2 of them as where the 2 screws hold on the gas controls are underneath it, you may need to go to the dealership to see if they can show you where they are..
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Chas,

Thanks for your efforts. I called the dealer and they really didn't know so I took another look at the bracket from the side and realized that if I took off the burner dials and removed the panel it might give me a better view. It did and I found the stove top was held down by one screw on each side so I removed them along with the screws on the burners and bingo the stove top easily came off.

Thanks again,

Joe

Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
Glad it worked for you...
Chas