John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Hi, Sorry I hit the wrong reply button. Heres my response

Customer Question

Sorry I hit the wrong reply button. Here's my response to your last answer about my Thermador range. I've disassembled the range.

Okay. But why does the wire from the spark module in the bottom of the oven connect to the gas liter? I'm asking, not arguing. I have this part from my oven:

It seems to be in working order too. I can see two of the part you recommended earlier in the top of the oven below the broiler strips.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
no, it's good to ask.

So are yous aying that you see that spark igniter tip down near the bake element not the glow igniter? Because my breakdown doesn't show that part but obviously you are there so you would know better.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, exactly. I'm an aircraft mechanic and have tools to check voltage, continuity, etc.

Is there a way to check output to the spark igniter from the gas liter? I have continuity from the gas liter to the spark igniter and through the spark igniter. The only other part of the system is the oven dial switch which looks to be solid state also.

At this point is it just remove and replace and if so, what part do you think?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
you can't test the spark igniter at all unfortunately, the voltage is way to high at I think 9000 volts (just very low amperage). Either way, if you try to test the spark, it will likely short out your meter. When you turn the oven on, do you see a spark at all? And you say you've checked resistance from the spark module (the wire where it goes down to the bake spark tip) down to the spark tip and you have good continuity?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, no spark at all from the oven. The fan kicks on, I hear a click (but not immediately followed by the rapid clicking of the spark igniter) and then a smell of gas. I'm checking it right now.

I have continuity from the spark module and I've taken a wire from the gas liter, fished it up from the side just to inspect the wiring and check the integrity of it and it seems okay.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
ok then just switch the wire lead to one of the burner wire leads (just remove them), so that way when you turn the burners on, the oven igniter will spark.

This is just a test, but if you do this, do you get a spark down at the bake burner?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay, but each of the top four burners has their own individual spark modules with a smaller wire running to the ceramic plug next to the burners. I'll try the test though, so hang on. Okay?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
ok let me know.