Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My Neptune clothes dryer isnt drying, do I have to replace

My Neptune clothes dryer isn't drying, do I have to replace a heating element? Is there anything I can check for other than a heating element?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi you will need to check the heating element, hi limit thermostat and thermal fuse with an ohms meter. One of these parts will be causing the unit not to heat. The hi limit is mounted to the tube where the heater is housed and the thermal fuse should be mounted to the blower housing. Whichever one reads open with the ohms meter is the bad part and will need to be replaced. Mike
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have no idea how to open up the dryer, this answer is not very useful. I will have to call a technician. How much will the heating element cost vs. buying a new dryer?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Ok I can tell you how to get inside the dryer if you wish. A heating element is normally around $40 and you would need to add around $100 to that if you hire someone to do the repair. I'm sorry it was not useful but I answered your question " Is there anything I can check for other than a heating element" Mike