Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a regular GE tumble dryer that is squeaking. Im having

I have a regular GE tumble dryer that is squeaking. I'm having a hard time finding the model number or I would give it to you. I am very handy and have it half apart right now but don't know what to oil or grease to cure the problem. Your help would be greatly appriciated. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello, without the model number I won't be able to point you to the parts but the problem will be the drum support wheels or the front glide. You would need to take the drum out and at the back where the drum sits you will see a wheel either side. You will need to remove these wheels and take them to your local parts suppliers to get replacements. Don't oil the wheels since this will attract lint and cause the wheels to seize. Once the drum supports are replaced you will be all set.

Also check the front glide this is what the drum sits on at the front. They are pieces of Teflon about 4 inches by 1 inch. When these wear this can also cause a noise. Mike