Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

On my Thermador range, model PG364GEBS/07, the bake oven wont

On my Thermador range, model PG364GEBS/07, the bake oven won't light. If I turn it on, I smell gas but the oven doesn't heat up. the broiler works and so does the gas burners on top of the stove.

We were told it might be either the spark ignitor or the gas liter module. Is there a way to test the output? Have you seen this problem before? Please help.

Pamala Duffy
s/n XXXXXXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
This unit doesn't have a spark igniter, it has a glow igniter and it's faulty. These oven igniters need to draw at least 3.2 amps or else they will not open the oven gas safety valve correctly and it will either crack open or open and shut very quickly. Either way, replace the oven igniter below the floor inside the oven and you should be good to go. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This model has a glow igniter for the broiler and for the bake oven, it has ceramic sparker which is connected to a gasliter manufacturered by Channel Products, part no.(NNN) NNN-NNNN It looks to be solid state with a six pin connector and one spade connector which wires to the ceramic igniter.

Is there a way to test the output of the gasliter/spark generator?

Thanks for helping.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
no, you can't test the spark module but that has nothing to do with the oven anyways, that is only for the cooktop.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay. But why does the wire from the spark module in the bottom of the oven connect to the gas liter? I'm asking, not arguing. I have this part from my oven:

http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-appliance+parts-%3d%3db115a13c272i1050123&PartID=1050123

It seems to be in working order too. I can see two of the part you recommended earlier in the top of the oven below the broiler strips.