Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have an old Modern Maid Company propane gas stove top for

Customer Question

I have an old "Modern Maid Company" propane gas stove top for which I need to purchase parts. The model number is XXXXX U and the serial number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN394. I looked online and it appears what I might need is a two top burner assemblies but the parts are apparently discontinued. Where do I go from here?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi if the parts are discontinued then you don't have much chance of getting the parts. What I do normally in this case is take the parts to my local parts supplier and have them try to match the parts I need to generic replacements. This normally works for me, But if you can't get a generic match you not going to have much luck getting them I'm afraid. Mike
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did not feel this answer was helpful at all. I continued reasearching on line and learned Modern Made was purchased by Amana, then Maytag and is now Whirlpool. I followed various leads and learned that I could use the Amana model number and order a module pan from applianceparts pro. Since the burner pan has been discontinued I learned that I could contact an antique car refinisher and get the part rechromed since it is functioning fine and just is rusted out. Your answer was cursory and unsatisfactory.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
The answer is never satisfactory when it is not the answer difficult customers want to hear. I have been doing this 25 years and have done all the research. You would save yourself allot of time and money by taking my advice and take the parts to parts supplier for a generic alternative. You simply did research I had already done may times. By all means pay $100 plus to yours refinished. Good luck.