Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have replaced my Jenn-Air JSD2789GES ice make module with

I have replaced my Jenn-Air JSD2789GES ice make module with no problem. I've turned on the power, but so far no water filling the ice tray..just nothing. What should I do next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
how long has it been? It takes about 24 hours before the icemaker will cycle and start filling. The icemaker itself will not start a cycle until it's below 10 degrees and just like a piece of meat, it doesn't just drop to 10 degrees as soon as you put it in your freezer, it takes time.
Customer: replied 6 years ago. has been only about and hour and a half since I finished replacing the module and turned the power on. The freezer was still cold, but I will wait and see. If it does not begin working, what shall I try next or should I submit a new question at that time?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
it should work, just put a cup of water in the icemaker now (maually with a cup) and if it cycles you'll know because the ice will dump. Like I said, it takes a few hours through, up to 24. If the icemaker doesn't cycle, either your icemaker is faulty or it's not cold enough in your freezer.

If it cycle and doesn't fill up with water, check to make sure the fill tube behind the icemaker isn't frozen with ice inside it and if it is, use a hair dryer to thaw it out.