Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have a Whirlpool Model LSQ9549PWo with a broken knob on the

I have a Whirlpool Model LSQ9549PWo with a broken knob on the cycle selector. It keeps coming off. I got a new knob from a local parts store and it does not stay on either. I am wondering what the problem might be. I don't believe that the prongs on the timer are broken in any way. Thank you for your help.
Hello and thanks for your question. The model number you gave has a letter missing after the 9. It could be an L or a P. Let me know and I will assist you. Dave
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I got the following number off of the machine.

It is LSQ 9549PW5 which is slightly different from the number given originally. The original code came off of the bill of sale.

Thank you.

That was what I needed. To install a knob on this style timer you need to pull a pin part way out of the hole in the center of the back of the timer with needle nose pliers. Then after pushing the knob back onto the timer shaft you push the pin back in. As long as the timer shaft was not damaged this will work. Let me know if you have problems or questions. Dave
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can you tell me how to remove the back of the machine to get at the timer mechanism? I tried to take off only the top of the back, but it is all one piece going to the bottom of the machine. Tried to remove only the front of the control panel. Again, no luck. Thank you..
Ok, the console are hinges back. There should be screws in the end caps. They are either in the front bottom or from the top rear. After removing the screws you pull the console slightly front and then lift it up and tilt it back. Dave
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have successfully installed the knob and the machine is working great. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX your patience and accurate advice.
You are welcome. Glad to be of service.