Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Maytag Neptune MAH5500BBW SERIAL NUMBER #a5949501ct.

I have a Maytag Neptune MAH5500BBW SERIAL NUMBER #a5949501ct. First it locked and wouldn't open. Turned it off and unplugged for awhile. Now it will not lock. When you press start it goes through the normal lock , unlock, lock mechanical clicking but the read out gives do, do, do and then flips to fl and stops. Machine won't start because the door wont lock. I have held the door pin in and tried to watch the lock mechanism and it doesn't move just makes the mechanical snapping sound. What do think has failed.

FL is a failed door latch assembly. You'll just need to replace the door latch assembly to fix the issue unfortunately. Here is a link to your door latch assembly you'll need to order to correct the issue.