Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag Neptune MAH5500BBW SERIAL NUMBER #a5949501ct.

I have a Maytag Neptune MAH5500BBW SERIAL NUMBER #a5949501ct. First it locked and wouldn't open. Turned it off and unplugged for awhile. Now it will not lock. When you press start it goes through the normal lock , unlock, lock mechanical clicking but the read out gives do, do, do and then flips to fl and stops. Machine won't start because the door wont lock. I have held the door pin in and tried to watch the lock mechanism and it doesn't move just makes the mechanical snapping sound. What do think has failed.

Thanks
Rick
FL is a failed door latch assembly. You'll just need to replace the door latch assembly to fix the issue unfortunately. Here is a link to your door latch assembly you'll need to order to correct the issue.

CLICK HERE