John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I have a Jordan refrigerater Cr-7-Lab that freezes water and

I have a Jordan refrigerater Cr-7-Lab that freezes water and soda with the thermostat turned all the way down. I can't find any info on a manual or what to do. Can you help?
Jordan Scientific Products phone # XXXXX XXXXX of service.
fridge is 27in x 32in with glass front door.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

If your refrigerator has a cooling system that employs a compressor, the first thing to check is the condenser coil to see if there's a layer of dust blocking the air flow through it. This condition will cause the compressor to run too long. If you find the dust layer, vacuum it off with a shop vacuum. If the unit does'nt stabilize with 2 or 3 hours, please post back to me.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The fridge was blowing hot air over the weekend so we unplugged it and I did what you suggested. The condenser fins were covered with dust and a piece of paper. I vac'ed and plugged back in. It's blowing cold but only one of the two condenser fans is working. What's wrong with it?

Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
See if you can get it to run by giving the fan blade a push. If it does'nt start running, it will need to be replaced. Please post back to me to let me know if I need to get parts information.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

blade does not turn even with a push but it does humm but is not stuck (it turns).

Unit cools sufficiently and it's a unit at work...does it need both fans?

Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

You need to replace the fan motor that's not running, but if the working fan motor is the same age, it will be good insurance to replace it also. It will avoid having to make the same repair again in the near future.

If my answer helps you, please click the 'accept' button.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Please supply parts information on this unit
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

I'm sorry, but I can't find any parts information on the internet for Jordan Lab equipment.

The best I'm able to do is refer you to Their phone number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN

If my efforts have helped you, please click the 'accept' button.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.