Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I own a Bosch range, model number hgs7052uc/01, and the controls

I own a Bosch range, model number hgs7052uc/01, and the controls on the backsplash have quit working. A repairman told me, without seeing the range, that a display module is out. He told me to order one through Marcone and he would come out to replace it. I ordered display module 675130 and it is under way and will be delivered today or tomorrow. The repairman will not be available until next week sometime and July 4th is here and I'd like to have my oven. What does it take to replace the display module? If it doesn't take some special piece of technical equipment maybe I can do the replacement.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi it's real easy, take the panel off in the rear of the control panel. Once off you will see the control board. All that needs be done is pull the wires out one at a time and install them on the corresponding terminals on the new control board. Then once all the wires are in place pull the old control board out, normally a couple of screws. Thats about all there is to it. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Mike