John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

While working on a fuel supply problem with my genset, starting

Customer Question

While working on a fuel supply problem with my genset, starting and stopping the genset, it was not known to me, but the airconditioner switch was left in the ON position. After fixing the genset, I went inside to start the air conditioner & exercise the generator, and found that the air conditioner switch was left ON. Now when I try to start the AC, I hear the compressor kick in, but have NO FAN. Unit is a Dometic 600 series PENGUIN, model# XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Craig replied 6 years ago.
You may have lost the capacitor for the fan when starting and stopping. Do you hear the fan motor 'humming' at all, trying to start? Is the motor getting power?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, I do not hear the fan humming. I do not know if the motor is getting power.
Expert:  Craig replied 6 years ago.
If you could check for power to the motor with a meter I may be able to help, but that's the first place to start.